Get ready for an exciting taste with this spicy Tamarind cocktail (with Smirnoff Vodka). This bold combination of tamarind concentrate mixed with a Thai chili's spicy notes and tangy flavors will tantalize your taste buds for the summer months.
I have been on a tamarind kick this entire month! Read more about tamarind and how to use it in Thai cooking, how to make tamarind paste from pulp to making Thai tamarind shrimp, Easy Thai tamarind sauce, and this 10-minute Tamarind iced tea.
Whether you're planning an adventurous night out or a unique gathering with friends, this specialty vodka spirit will surely be the show's star!
- Tamarind cocktail inspiration
- What does spicy tamarind vodka taste like?
- Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Ingredients for Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka
- How to Make Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka
- Garnishing Options
- Helpful Kitchen Notes and Tips
- Helpful Kitchen Tools for This Recipe
- What to Serve With Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka Cocktail
- How to infuse spicy vodka
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Thai Recipes You'll Love
- Spicy Tamarind Cocktail (with Smirnoff Vodka)
Tamarind cocktail inspiration
Experience the amazing mix of two cultures in just one drink. I combined the delicious tastes of Mexico and Thailand to create a tasty tamarind beverage. It's a spicy and exciting treat that brings out the best flavors from both cultures. Try this magical drink that combines the best of both worlds!
What does spicy tamarind vodka taste like?
Spicy tamarind vodka has a strong lime-like flavor from the tamarind. The agave adds sweetness, while the chili pepper gives it a bit of spice. This vodka is great for enjoying a refreshing cocktail on a hot day.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka offers a thrilling twist with a hint of spice to the classic cocktails you know and love.
- The spicy take on the drink is similar to the Spicy Tamarind Paloma and will awaken your senses.
- The cocktail's exotic tropical tamarind fruit and chilies will leave you craving more.
- Easy to make with simple ingredients and tools found in your kitchen.
- Tamarind is good for you! Read more about tamarind and its health benefits here.
Ingredients for Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka
- Smirnoff Vodka or This Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka.
- Tamarind Concentrate. Use pre-made or make your own tamarind paste with this easy recipe.
- St Germain liqueur. Adds a flowery aroma and sweet taste to the cocktail.
- Blood orange bitters. Optional but highly recommended. Just a few drops are all you need.
- Thai fresh chilis, red or green, mint, and basil. For muddling in the cocktail shaker.
- Chili Lime Salt (for rimming the cocktail glasses).
- Agave. For the sweet notes to balance out the sour and spicy taste. A plain simple syrup works well as a substitute.
- Ice cubes. For the shaker and use in your cocktail glasses.
How to Make Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka
Step 1. This step is optional but recommended. Prepare your cocktail glass by rimming it with chili lime salt. Dip the rim of the shot glass into fresh lime juice, then into the chili lime salt to coat the rim.
Step 2. Add a slice of chili peppers, ginger, mint, and muddle with a muddle stick until fragrant. Just a few seconds is enough.
Step 3. Combine your Smirnoff vodka, tamarind concentrate, agave, bitters, and St. Germain in a cocktail shaker.
Step 4. Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds until the shaker is cold to the touch.
Step 5. Strain the mixture into the prepared cocktail glass with fresh ice.
Step 6. Garnish with fresh herbs, or mix chilies, mint, and lime wedges. Sprinkle a good amount of sugar chili lime salt on top and serve!
- For a more adventurous presentation, serve the shot alongside a small bowl of pineapple tamarind shots, where guests can cleanse their palate between sips.
- Lime wheel, basil leaves, lemongrass, or kaffir lime leaves are all wonderful options for garnishing.
Helpful Kitchen Notes and Tips
- Chill your cocktail glasses in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before use to make it an even more cooling experience, especially on a hot summer day.
- Fancy it up in the cooler months using a decorative martini glass to serve your drink.
- If you make a big batch and have a leftover, freeze the cocktail in ice cube trays. When ready for your next drink, remove the cubes into a glass and allow it to melt into a nice soft slushy drink! Or wait until it's completely melted into liquid form. (:
- Adjust the level of spiciness according to your preference by adding more or fewer chilies.
- Replace the Vodka with grapefruit soda, tonic, or bubbly water for a non-alcoholic version.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for This Recipe
What to Serve With Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka Cocktail
Try these delicious Thai finger food to nibble along with your tamarind vodka. They pair perfectly well with this refreshing cocktail.
- Tom Yum toasted mixed nuts.
- Tom Yum meatballs
- Khao Jee grilled sticky rice.
- Thai shrimp cakes
- Thai corn fritters
- Mix the Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind cocktail with pineapple juice over ice for a sweeter citrusy drink.
- Switch it up using Tequila or Gin for a more tropical feel and taste.
- Pick a flavored spirit like spicy tequila or gin for added heat to your cocktail.
- Play around with different liqueurs like Limone cello or orange liqueur.
Use this premade Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind Vodka if it's available near you. It has spicy notes already infused in the vodka.
How to infuse spicy vodka
Use any plain vodka and add infused fresh chili peppers to make your own. Lightly crush and add chili peppers to plain vodka in a glass jar. Cover and let it sit for 2-3 days for the peppers to release their oils and spicy taste. Use it in any spicy cocktails after!
This cocktail is best served fresh. Prepare the ingredients just before your adventurous night, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can substitute it with plain vodka or use Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind vodka for this cocktail.
The spiciness can be adjusted based on the amount of chili added. Start with a small amount and taste before adding more.
You can explore more cocktail recipes using this vodka specialty spirit, like the classic margarita with a spicy twist.
Yes, Smirnoff is one of the world's favorite brands and has been renowned for its consistently great taste for years.
Most Thais don't drink cocktails; instead, they enjoy beer, whiskey, and rum without mixing with other ingredients too much. The most popular Thai beers are Chang, Singha, and Leo. Thailand's three most popular spirits are Mekhong, Sangsom rum, and Hong Thong whiskey.
Related Thai Recipes You'll Love
- Thai Tom Yum Cocktail with a sweet and sour taste similar to the famous Thai Tom Yum soups.
- Coconut lime mojito with a hint of lime juice.
- Mekhong whiskey sour with pineapple juice
- Japanese Roku Gin with orange blossom syrup
- Empress gin with lavender syrup
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite recipes to use tamarind for