Creamy coconut lime mojito with Thai-infused flavors of kaffir lime leaves and simple syrup is the most delicious summer cocktail you will want to reach for over and over again. The blend of creme de coconut, fresh lime juice, and infused kaffir lime syrup has all the tropical vibes that will make you want to indulge in a drink or two over the summer!
For more refreshing and delicious Thai drinks, try the butterfly pea flower tea and hibiscus tea recipe. Both have amazing natural colors, health benefits, and a taste that will change the way you enjoy tropical tea!
What is Creamy Coconut Lime Mojito and Why the Kaffir Lime Leaves Simple Syrup?
Creamy coconut lime mojito is a sweet and tangy cocktail using white coconut rum, creme de coconut, fresh lime juice, and soda water. The kaffir lime leaves simple syrup because I want to infuse a Thai flavor into it using a unique Thai ingredient, the kaffir lime leaves.
For the 4th of July, I wanted to come up with red, white, and blue drinks to celebrate the weekend and also the summer months. I have a red and blue drink and wanted to make a white drink, thus the idea for a white coconut lime mojito came about. I first had a drink similar to this years ago before I was a food blogger and have always remembered the drink. Now is the time for it to come to fruition! So here we are!
Why This Recipe Works
- The creamy coconut lime mojito recipe is an incredibly delicious drink that will transport you to a tropical island from your very own kitchen! It's so festive, refreshing and a fun drink to enjoy on a hot summer night.
- You can adjust the amount of alcohol used for this cocktail. I added only 1 shot of coconut rum, but you can add up to 2 shots.
- You can choose any of your favorite white rum for this, use white coconut rum preferable to keep the coconut theme going.
- You can omit the rum if you want to make a mocktail drink instead.
What are the Ingredients in a Creamy Coconut Lime Mojito?
Below are the key ingredients for making a creamy coconut lime mojito.
- Granulated white sugar
- Fresh or frozen kaffir lime leaves. Use fresh or kaffir lime leaves. You can find kaffir lime leaves in the frozen section of your Asian market.
- White coconut rum. The better the quality of your rum, the better the flavor. Mine is from Trader Joe's and it was fantastic for this recipe!
- Cream of coconut
- Fresh lime juice. You can try using lemon juice as a substitute.
- Soda, tonic or bubbly water. For fewer calories, I used bubbly water and it tastes great!
- Garnish with mint leaves or any of your favorite toppings like Thai basil, lemon/lime wedges, rosemary, ginger, or any fun tropical edible flowers or fruits of choice!
How To Make Creamy Coconut Lime Mojito
There are two parts to this drink. One is how to make kaffir lime leaves with simple syrup. The second part is how to put the drink together. Let's get going! (:
STEP ONE. Make the simple syrup by adding sugar, water, and kaffir lime leaves in a small saucepan and infusing until the sugar is dissolved. Let the syrup cool.
STEP TWO. In a tall cocktail glass, muddle 3-4 mint and 1 large kaffir lime leaves, add the ice, coconut rum, lime juice, kaffir lime simple syrup, and use a stir stick to gently stir the drink.
STEP THREE. Add the creme de coconut and stir well together. Sample the drink and adjust with more rum if necessary.
STEP FOUR. Pour club soda over to the top, stir one last time until you have a creamy froth at the top. Garnish with your favorite tops and serve immediately!
Helpful Kitchen Notes and Expert Tips
- Cream of coconut is not the same thing as coconut milk, sweetened or unsweetened. Please see here for the actual cream of coconut.
- Coconut lime mojito is best served in individual glasses rather than in a large pitcher for a party. So make your drink on a per-need basis to maximize the yummy flavors!
- You can rim your glasses with sugar salt if you want more of a fancy and sweet texture to your drink. Dip your glasses before adding anything to them.
- You can add toasted coconut to the top for additional coconut texture and flavors to your coconut lime mojito.
- Garnishing ideas: Mint, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, rosemary, Thai basil, cucumbers slices, lemon, lime, oranges, peaches, nectarine and so much more!
More Thai Summer Recipes you’ll love!
- Butterfly tea (hot or cold)
- Hibiscus tea recipe
- Thai iced tea
- Thai limeade tea
- Coconut ice cream recipe
- Easy Thai beef salad recipe
- Namtok beef waterfall salad
- The best crying tiger recipe
** Love a recipe you've tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. Or follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram! **Print