This creamy coconut lime mojito recipe (with a Thai twist), using kaffir lime leaves simple syrup, is the most delicious summer cocktail you will want to reach for repeatedly. The blend of creme de coconut, fresh lime juice, and infused kaffir lime syrup has all the tropical vibes that will make you want to indulge in a drink or two over the summer!
For the kaffir leaves simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
For the cocktail
- 1 shot of white coconut rum
- 2 tablespoon kaffir lime leaves simple sugar
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup soda, tonic, or bubbly water, add more or less as preferred.
- Garnish with mint leaves or any of your favorite toppings like Thai basil, lemon/lime wedges, rosemary, ginger, or any fun tropical edible flowers or fruits of your choice!
There are two parts to this mojito. One is how to make kaffir lime leaves with simple syrup. The second part is how to put the drink together. Let's make our drink!
- Make the simple syrup by adding sugar, water, and kaffir lime leaves in a small saucepan. Turn the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Whisk often until the sugar dissolves. Turn the heat off. Let the syrup cool.
- In a tall cocktail glass, muddle 3-4 mint leaves and one large kaffir lime leaf. Add the ice, coconut rum, lime juice, kaffir lime simple syrup. Stir well with a stir stick.
- Add the creme de coconut and stir well until you get a foamy drink. Sample the drink and adjust with more rum if necessary.
- Pour club soda, tonic water, or bubbly water to top off the drink. Stir lightly one last time. That's it!
Take a sip, and adjust with more liquor, lime juice, or simple syrup. Garnish with your favorite ingredient, and enjoy!
- Coconut lime mojito is best served in individual glasses rather than in a large pitcher for a party. So make your drink on a per-need basis to maximize the yummy flavors!
- You can rim your glasses with sugar salt if you want more of a fancy and sweet texture to your drink. Dip your glasses before adding anything to them.
- You can add toasted coconut to the top for additional coconut texture and flavors to your coconut lime mojito.
- Garnishing ideas: Mint, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, rosemary, Thai basil, cucumber slices, lemon, lime, oranges, peaches, nectarine, and so much more!
** Thank you so much for visiting my blog! This is truly a passion for me. If you have enjoyed these recipes and appreciate the hard work I put into them, I would love it if you would share them with your friends! Your recommendation is the highest review I could hope for, and I’d appreciate it! **
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: drinks, cocktails
- Method: cocktail
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: coconut lime mojito recipe, coconut lime mojito, creamy coconut lime mojito, thai drinks, coconut mojito, creamy coconut lime mojito recipe