This easy Rad Na recipe, a Thai stir-fry recipe, is a delicious noodle dish that is ladled with tasty, thick, gravy-like broth. It is a full-flavored dish; usually eaten with some sort of leafy vegetables and your choice of protein.
1 lb chicken, or protein of choice, cut into 2 inch thick pieces
10-12 stems of Chinese broccoli, cut 3-4 inches long. Also, slice the stems in half
1 cup white or sweet onions, chopped 1.5 inches wide
1 cup carrots, sliced thin
8 cloves garlic, minced; divide into 2 equal portions, one for the noodles, one for the stir-fry
3-4 Tbsp Oil
3.5 cups water, divided into 1 cup and 2 cups
Sauce for the Noodles:
1 lb wide flat rice noodles, see notes.
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
Sauce for the Gravy:
3 Tbsp light soy sauce
4 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
3.5 Tbsp tapioca starch
1 cup water (for the sauce mixture)
Part 1, The Noodles:
- Mix the noodle sauce together in a small bowl, set aside while you cook the noodles.
- After separating the noodles onto a large platter, heat a large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil, wait until it’s warm, add minced garlic for 15 seconds, add noodles, stir lightly in the oil, and lightly spread the noodles out in the skillet. Flip slightly at around 4 mins or until the noodles are soft. Cook the other side until lightly browned.
- Add the noodle sauce which is 2 Tbsp oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tsp sugar.
- Once the noodles are cooked, they should be lightly browned and soft but not completely broken apart. Gently remove from the skillet and set aside to cool and wait for the gravy to be completed.
Part 2 & 3, The Stir Fry and the Gravy:
- Mix the sauce in a medium-size bowl by adding oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, tapioca starch, and 1 cup water. Mix together and put aside.
- In a clean skillet on medium-high heat, add the rest of the oil, wait until hot, add the garlic for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook until done 8-10 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture for the gravy with the chicken and stir well for 3-4 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the stems of the Chinese broccoli and carrots, cook for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the water to the skillet, stir well until the sauce has a thick consistency. Turn the heat down and add more water at this point if it starts to get too thick.
- Add the leafy part of the Chinese broccoli, stir well for 1 minute, turn the heat off and let the gravy cool while preparing your plates for serving.
- Divide the noodles onto 4 platters, then scoop the gravy over each one and serve hot. Add suggested garnishes as needed and enjoy!
- Wide Rice Noodles: cut the sheet into a 4-inch piece and separate it into single sheets as best you can. Divide into 2 portions for frying since 2 lbs are too much for one-skillet/wok.
- Also for the rice noodles, if you can’t find fresh wide rice noodles, try these noodles. LINK. But you must soak them in hot water until soft before pan-frying.
- If you prefer your Rad Na spicy, add Thai chili flakes, as needed. Add at the end before removing from the stove.
- Category: Easy Recipe
- Method: Stir fry
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Rad Na Recipe Thai Stir fry with gravy. Noodles in Gravy. Wide Rice Noodles with gravy. Rad Na Kuay Tiew. Flat Noodles with gravy