A sweet, sour, salty and spicy Thai chili dipping sauce used to dip unripe crispy and tart fruits like mangoes, sour plums, and apples.
1/3 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Lime juice
1/3 cup Fish Sauce
1/2 cup Shallots sliced thin but leave about 2/3 inch in length.
1-3 table spoon Chili Flakes (as Preferred.)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, stir well until the sugar is as dissolved as it can be. Let it sit for 5 minutes for the shallots to soften and sugar dissolved. Up to 30 minutes (if you can wait!). Stir well before serving.
- Cut up the tart apples into thin but wide slices. Think using the slices to scoop up the sauce into your mouth.
- Dip the apple slices and scoop in to enjoy all the flavor explosions in your mouth! Share this with a friend or family members and have some ice water ready to cool off your mouth.
* You can adjust the spiciness level as needed with this recipe.
* To keep the tart fruit from turning brown, soak it in salt water. Just add a table spoon of salt to a 3-4 cups of water.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai chili dipping sauce, Spicy thai dipping sauce, Thai chili sauce, mango dipping sauce