An easy Chicken Satay recipe that is so simple to put together yet tastes so extremely delicious. A popular Thai street food that is a must if you love grilled food.
- 1 lb chicken meat, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp palm sugar shaved
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½-1 tsp ground white pepper (as preferred here)
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 10-12 bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 miniutes
For the Grill:
- Grilling Mixture:
• 2 Tbsp coconut milk
• 1 tsp vegetable oil
• All the left over marinating sauce
* Mix all 3 above ingredients together in a small bowl. Set it near the grill to use for brushing the meat before and during grilling.
2. Helpful Grilling Tools:
• A basting or pastry brush
• Tongs for handling the hot skewers
• An extra plate for cooked meat
• Lots of paper towels (Don’t mess with turmeric stains!)
1. Mix all the ingredients (Minus the chicken) together in a bowl for the marinating sauce.
2. Add the cubed chicken to it, use a wooden spoon to mix the chicken and the marinating sauce. Cover the mixture and let it marinate anywhere from 2-4 hours.
3. After marinating, use gloves for this part. Place the marinated cubed chicken on the skewers.
4. Turn your grill to medium heat and wait for the grill warm up.
5. Before placing your skewers on the grill, brush each side with the grilling mixture.
6. Cook the Chicken Satay for 3-4 minutes each side, flip, brush, grill. Repeat 3-4 times until the meat is cooked.
7. Remove the skewers with tongs and turn your grill off.
* Kitchen gloves and an old apron are a must for this recipe especially during the skewering step. The bright yellow turmeric color will stain your fingers and nails for days if not weeks afterwards.
* Before grilling, be sure to have all the items ready and set near the grill as you don't want to leave the grill unattended for long. The brushing of the grilling mixture is an important step to keep the meat moist and extra tasty.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Easy Chicken Satay Recipe, Thai Chicken Satay, Chicken Satay, Satay Recipes