Yakisoba noodle stir fry with leftover turkey meat is hearty and delicious. It's fast and healthy using ingredients you most likely have in your kitchen. It's an easy dinner recipe and ready to serve on your dinner table in 20 minutes!
- 8 oz turkey meat. Use dark and white meat combined.
- 8 oz fresh or softened yakisoba noodles
- 1/2 cup carrot. Carrot chips or thinly sliced into round pieces
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pea pods, leave whole or sliced in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoon oil. Use coconut, avocado, vegetable, or canola oil. Do not use olive oil.
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar. Use lime or lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper. Optional
- 1-2 teaspoons chilies. Optional.
- If using dried noodles, prep the noodles according to the package instructions. I used fresh yakisoba noodles found at my Asian market.
- Mix the sauce in a small bowl, and set aside.
- On medium heat, use a wok, pan, or large skillet, add a little bit of oil, about 1 tablespoon, and scramble the eggs lightly. Remove from the pan and set aside. You can fry the eggs separately or in the same pan.
- Add the rest of the oil in the same work or pan on high heat. Once hot, add garlic, ginger, and onion. Cook until lightly browned, for 30 seconds or less.
- Add the leftover turkey meat and cook just enough to warm it up for 1-2 minutes. Be sure not to overcook it since it's already been cooked.
- Add veggies and cook for 3 minutes or just until lightly tender. You can cook a little longer if you want extra tender vegetables. I lean on the crispy side because I love raw vegetables.
- Add the noodles and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the scrambled eggs and gently stir everything together in the wok.
- Add the sauce, stir and cook for one minute longer. Taste and adjust seasoning. Remove from heat and serve!
Garnishing options. Add sesame seeds, ground black or white pepper, chili flakes, hot chili sauce, and a few lime wedges for extra tanginess.
- Use a combination of dark and white meat. Some skin is ok, too, if you don't mind it.
- When cooking noodles, spread them out evenly on the work surface to let some moisture evaporate, so they don't get soggy.
- For a quick cheat, you can always buy a pre-made yakisoba sauce at most grocery stores. (; It's a great way to cut the cooking time in half and still get delicious flavors.
- You can scramble the eggs separately or in the same pan as your stir fry. I usually have two pans going simultaneously to help speed up the stir fry.
** Thank you so much for visiting my blog! This is truly a passion for me. If you have enjoyed these recipes and appreciate the hard work I put into them, I would love it if you would share them with your friends! Your recommendation is the highest review I could hope for, and I’d appreciate it! **
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Turkey Recipes
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: Thai