Homemade Thai red curry with chicken and pineapple is one of the most simple and easy recipes to put together in less than 30 minutes. The recipe uses minimal ingredients but yet the flavors are so addictive it will be your new favorite Thai curry to whip up for a tasty and easy meal!
1/4-1/2 cup Red curry paste
1 can of coconut milk
1 lb chicken
1/4 cup water or stock
1 cup pineapple, chopped bite-sized
1 cup tomato, chopped 1 1/2 inch thick
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 - 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 cup tightly packed Thai basil
- add 3/4 can of coconut milk and curry paste on medium-high meat and stir, break up the curry paste until bubbles form and the sauce thickens. Coconut milk separation. 2 minutes
- Add fish sauce and sugar, stir and let it cook for 1 more minute
- Add the chicken, water, and the rest of the coconut milk and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Add pineapple and tomatoes and cook until soft, 2 minutes.
- Remove curry from the stove, let cool, then add the basil. Serve hot with jasmine rice and garnish with more basil and hot peppers if desired!
- Using fresh pineapple is always best. Read here on how to cut a pineapple.
- Homemade paste usually requires more paste, can add at the end if there are not enough flavors or heat.
- The color of homemade curry paste will not be as red as a store-bought paste because of the fewer red chilis used.
- Great vegetable options to add to the dish are pea pods, broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, banana peppers, and jalapenos for the extra heat.
- Breaking of coconut milk separation. This is where you’ll get the flavors for the curry, when the coconut milk is cooked down to where the oil is separate from the water, making the coconut milk even tastier. If the separation doesn’t happen, no worries, just keep on going. Your curry will still taste great. Some coconut milk brands add emulsifiers so the milk won’t separate from the water and just look for another brand that has pure coconut milk and water only.
** Thank you so much for visiting my blog! This is truly a passion for me. If you have enjoyed these recipes and appreciate the hard work I put into them, I would love it if you would share them with your friends! Your recommendation is the highest review I could hope for, and I’d so appreciate it! **
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: curries
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai pineapple curry. Thai red curry with chicken and pineapple. Red curry and pineapple. Thai pineapple recipe.