Thai spicy mango dipping sauce with dried shrimp is a popular snack used for dipping crispy and starchy fruits like crispy mangos, guava, and sour green apples. With each bite full of sweet, salty, and spicy taste, this mouthwatering snack is guaranteed to make you drool with happiness.
- 1/3 cup shallot, chopped small
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce, some brands are saltier than others, adjust as needed towards the end with more if necessary
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ cup palm sugar, roughly shaved to thin layers
- 1-3 Tbsp ground chili flakes (I used 1 ½ Tbsp) the more you add the spicier it is!
- 3-5 fresh Thai chilis, chopped into small pieces (Completely optional)
- On medium-low heat, heat a small saucepan add fish sauce, water, and palm sugar. Stir together with a whisk.
- After the sugar dissolves, add the dried shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp is slightly soft
- Add the shallot, chili flakes, and whisk together often until the shallot is soft and caramelized for about 2 minutes.
- Add additional fresh chilis if desired for EXTRA spiciness. This is completely optional.
- Turn off the heat, remove the sauce to a bowl and let cool completely before serving.
- While the sauce is cooling, prepare your fruit to use for dipping. Cut the fruit of choice to the size and shape of a spoon to use as dipping pieces for the sauce.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Snacks. Sauces
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: spicy mango dipping sauce. Sweet spicy chili dipping sauce. Mango dipping sauce recipe