Pad Mee Korat Thai Spicy Noodles Stir Fry dish is a sweet, salty rice noodles recipe. It's a popular dish from Korat, a province in Northeast Thailand. The bold flavors make this recipe highly addictive. And for a deliciously good reason!
- 1/4 cup oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon garlic, chopped small
- 1-10 Thai chilis, chopped small
- 1/3 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 8-10 ounces chicken breast (1 large chicken breast), thinly sliced
- 10 ounces dry rice noodles or 16 oz fresh noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups spring onions, sliced thin and long 2-3 inches long
- 1 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons sweet dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soybean paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Soak dry noodles in hot water (not boiling) for 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside until ready. If using fresh noodles, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, soybean paste, tamarind paste, palm sugar, sweet dark soy sauce, and thin soy sauce in a small saucepan. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to let cool. Or bring to a gentle boil on the stove on medium heat.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat using half of the oil. Add garlic, shallot, and chilis, and fry for 30-45 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chicken, and cook until lightly browned 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles, stir well, and cook for 2 minutes. Add water if your noodles are sticking to the pan, 2-3 tablespoons.
- Move the noodles to one side of a wok, add the remaining oil to that empty side and crack two eggs. Stir everything together after the eggs are cooked to a light scramble.
- Add the sauce to the noodles, stir well and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add the bean sprouts and green onions. Stir together, taste your Thai Pad Mee Korat and adjust with more fish sauce, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and sugar. Stir gently one last time, remove from heat and serve fresh. Garnish with a lime wedge, crushed peanuts, and fresh or dried chili flakes. Enjoy!
- If the rice noodles stick together before adding them to the pan, rinse in the water before adding.
- If you can find fresh rice and noodles, lessen the soaking and cooking time.
- If you don’t want your pad to see Korat spicy, omit the chilis entirely.
** Thank you so much for visiting my blog! This is truly a passion for me. If you have enjoyed these recipes and appreciate the hard work I put into them, I would love it if you would share them with your friends! Your recommendation is the highest review I could hope for, and I’d appreciate it! **
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stir fry
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Pad Mee Korat Thai Spicy Noodles Stir Fry, pad mee korat, thai pad mee korat, spicy thai noodles, pad mee korat recipe, thai noodles stir fry