Kir Royale French champagne cocktail is a classy drink made with creme de cassis, a black currant liqueur. This classic French cocktail is a perfect drink to serve on special occasions like Valentine's day, Mother's day, a baby shower, New Year's eve, or Easter!
- 1 - 1.5 oz Creme de Cassis. Add more or less as preferred.
- 3-4 oz Champagne or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with fresh berries, orange, or lemon twist.
- Pour creme de cassis over champagne glasses. This recipe uses 1/2 oz creme de cassis and 3-4 oz of champagne. Use more for a stronger flavor!
- Add champagne to the glass, garnish with your favorite fresh berries and serve. That's it! So easy, right?
- Creme de cassis is a thick syrupy liqueur with a sweet, currant flavor. Use a drier champagne or sparkling wine to offset the sweetness.
- For making sweeter drinks, add more cassis liqueur. Less liqueur and more champagne mean a softer red color cocktail.
- Use bubbly water as a substitute if you don't like champagne.
** Thank you so much for visiting my blog! This is truly a passion for me. If you have enjoyed these recipes and appreciate the hard work I put into them, I would love it if you would share them with your friends! Your recommendation is the highest review I could hope for, and I’d appreciate it! **
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Cocktails
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: kir royale, kir royal cocktail, kir royale recipe, creme de cassis, kir royale champagne cocktail, blackcurrant liqueur