Do you love larb and can't get enough of it? Try this easy Thai larb salad with Turkey. Use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey meat for this recipe, and you will surely be on your way to the greatest turkey larb you'll ever have!
- 1 pound of turkey meat. Include dark meat, lean meat, skin, and fat are excellent for this recipe.
- Shallot. Red onions are great as a substitute
- 1/3 cup Fresh mint
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopoed into 1/2 inc pieces
- 1 large stalk of green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- chili, to taste
- ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sticky rice powder. Or Khao Khua LINK, toasted glutinous rice powder. Don't skip this!
- Toast uncooked rice in a dry skillet or dry wok on medium heat until brown, not burnt. Cool to room temperature and use a spice grinder to the ground to a coarse powder. A clean coffee grinder works too. Clean it well before grinding the toasted rice. Sticky or sweet rice is the traditional rice for laab, but any rice will do if you don't have any others.
- Mince the turkey meat into small pieces and get ready to cook. If not using the fatty part of the turkey, use 1.5 tablespoons of oil for cooking the turkey.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, cook the minced turkey meat until some of the fat renders natural oil, and stir for 3 minutes until the turkey is lightly golden brown.
- Add the shallot to a medium bowl, then add the cooked turkey. The residual heat of the cooked turkey will lightly blanch the raw shallot, making it less oniony. (:
- Add all the herbs and mix the ingredients in a bowl. Season with fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar, and mix until your taste buds are happy!
- Add the toasted rice powder last and serve immediately. Garnish with lettuce leaves, romaine lettuce, or cabbage (for use as wraps), sliced cucumbers, lime wedges, and dry ground chili flakes.
- For the best flavors, use different parts of the turkey meat, some skin, some fat, and a mix of dark and white meat. If using only white meat, add an extra tablespoon of oil when cooking so the meat is not too dry.
- Rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe if you are not using turkey meat. Minced chicken the same way into small pieces.
- If you have extra rice powder, save the leftovers in a glass jar and put them in the freezer for up to 6 months to keep them fresh for other Thai recipes.
** Thank you so much for visiting my blog! This is truly a passion for me. If you have enjoyed these recipes and appreciate the hard work I put into them, I would love it if you would share them with your friends! Your recommendation is the highest review I could hope for, and I’d appreciate it! **
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Turkey recipes
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Easy Thai Larb Salad with Turkey, larb salad, thai larb recipe, larb recipe turkey, thai larb turkey, larb turkey mince