This 5-minute authentic Thai peanut satay sauce is a must for your Thai satay recipes. It’s the perfect creamy, sweet, salty, and tangy sauce dipping sauce that you can whip up in no time!
1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
1/2 cup coconut milk
1-2 tablesp0on red curry paste. Adjust as needed.
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1-2 teaspoon fish sauce. Adjust as needed.
1 1/2 tsp vinegar, lime juice, or tamarind concentrate. Adjust as needed.
- Add all the ingredients together in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Breakup the chunks of peanut butter and stir well. Keep a close eye on the sauce, so it's not burnt or gets too thick and brown. Scrape down the sauce on the side of the pan to mix it all well.
- Let the sauce bubble, and it will soon thicken. Turn the heat off, remove it from the pan and let cool slightly before serving. The sauce keeps well in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- You can use any peanut butter to make the sauce for a quick satay sauce. Modify the taste with sugar, fish sauce, or lime juice.
- When making the sauce, oversee the saucepan and stir often, or the peanut sauce will get burnt, especially around the edges of the pot.
- Red curry paste. Add more or less as desires. More for spiciness and bold taste or milder with less. Adjust the final flavors at the end to get a balanced flavor you are happy with. Try this authentic homemade Thai red curry paste for a fresh and bold flavor.
- Water. Add more water if your sauce gets too thick, and you’d like less of a thick creamy sauce.
- The sauce keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and in the freezer for 2 months.
- You can use the sauce for dipping vegetables, as a salad dressing, or slater over other grilled food. So good!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: 5 Minute Authentic Thai Satay Sauce, satay sauce, Thai peanut sauce, Thai satay recipe